Kennard College for Women (KCW) is a university located in Lahore, Pakistan. It is a women’s liberal arts university. Conrad was founded in 1913 by the Xenana Bible and Oral Mission. In 1919, the Presbyterian Mission Church and the Church Mission Society joined a consortium to fund and manage the college. In 1926 it moved to its current campus on Jail Road, where it grew over the years, and in 1939 the college reached a 20-acre (81,000 m) campus. The college is named after Mary Jane Conard, co-founder of YWCA and a great philanthropist of her time. The current university was founded in the early 20th century when it was located near Canard High School. In 2002, the college was given the status of a state certification body and its management was transferred to the Canard College Association. The Board of Governors runs its own administration.
Kennard College was founded by Xenana and the Bible Medical Mission in 1913, when they started college classes at Kennard Christian Girls’ High School in Lahore. The founders wanted to give Punjabi Christian women the opportunity to acquire professional skills as teachers. The first principal was John MacDonald. From 1913 to 1922, this college was the only women’s liberal arts college in Punjab. In the early years, college life was designed for many Christian students, and after graduation many students found jobs in the mission school network. The popularity of missionary schools in non-Christian families, the emphasis on teaching English, and the opportunity to study with British and American teachers demanded the type of college graduate teacher.